Our purpose is to reach people with the life-giving message of Jesus that they might become fully devoted followers of Christ. LifePoint Church is looking for ministry-focused, Christ-centered individuals to help further that mission.
As the Nursery Director you are the rare mix of Mary Poppins and Amazon Prime. You have the ability to care for kids while at the same time possessing the organizational skills to efficiently equip leaders with the things they need to succeed. You aren’t fazed by poop, diapers, Cheerios, color crayons and “Mary had a little lamb”. Your desire is to provide Parents with a safe place where their little ones will be cared for and prayed over and you are loved for it.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Actively pursues ways to duplicate themselves and empower others to grow as leaders.
2. Assists in creating a children’s ministry that is, SAFE, STAFFED, CLEAN & FUN.
3. Participates in the life, worship and vision of LifePoint church.
4. Oversees all operations of KidPoint Nursery Ministry, ensuring the success of the Sunday experience.
5. Develops and leads engaging weekly lessons using provided curriculum.
6. Creates media and visual presentations for all Nursery services.
7. Works with KidPoint Prep & Shopping Teams to prepare and purchase craft items and lesson supplies.
8. Works with team to keep supply items organized and easily accessible to KidPoint Staff and Dream Team.
9. Communicates Nursery Ministry needs and concerns with the Children’s Pastor.
10. Works with KidPoint Team to create and implement policies and procedures.
11. Works with the KidPoint Team to provide care, support and training for the Nursery Ministry Team.
12. Communicates clearly with parents using email, weekly social media posts, and personal interactions.
13. Assists with other KidPoint events and activities.
14. Attends weekly KidPoint Staff Meeting.
15. Has an active role in weekly setup & takedown.
WEEKLY TIME COMMITMENT
1. In office work - 16hrs minimum
2. Sunday morning leadership - 8hrs (approx.)
3. Offsite support - 2-3hrs hrs (approx.)
4. Provided for time off per LifePoint's policies. Must coordinate with Children’s Pastor, actively complete duties prior and provide a person to fill role while away.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT
1. Direct Report - Children’s Pastor
2. Given Semi Annual review conducted by Directed Report.
3. Provided with support, training and encouragement from Children’s Pastor and KidPoint staff.
1. Has an active and growing relationship with Jesus with a love and calling to minister to children and families.
2. Energetic and welcoming personality with the ability to balance work and personal time.
3. Must be an excellent communicator with strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to learn and use computer programs used by KidPoint with proficiency.
5. Ability to ask appropriate questions and collaborate with others to achieve desired results.
6. Ability to think and act independently with a high degree of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
7. Seeks opportunities to grow relationally with KidPoint team and professionally as a leader.